Saturday, April 11, 2009

Realize!!

Some days ago i got a forward message from a friend of mine which said something to the effect of "People around you whom you grow up with build your character". Interesting perspective but i feel its incomplete.Our character i believe is always there in us, the aggressor or the passive guy, the emotional fool or the objective dude, whatever trait of our personality it may be they are all there in us. PEOPLE/SITUATIONS around us help us in "realizing" that trait of our personality. They do not build our character by enforcing a personality trait in us. We chooose the personality trait that we connect with and if we connect with it, it is a part of us. Omkara for example is a movie I like not only for its slick and rustic style but for the character played by saif ali khan. For those who dont know this movie is an Indain cinematic adaptation of
Othello. Saif played the character of IAGO. Now the reason i connected so strongly to IAGO is because i have a personality trait of his. JEALOUSY. I always thought I am only envious, not jealous, until the day I did something out of jealousy. The realization was overwhelming and I didn't know if I could handle it. But the first step in handling such a negative personality trait is to realize and be aware. Now I am aware when I do or say something. I ask myself "Is this jealousy or is it something you truly feel?" Believe me, it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment